Monday, June 11, 2012

Mom and Dad


Mom Dad they wrote it all.
All about you.
But these are the words of your son.
Your reticent son.
I said it less
but kept it more.

You are the hands
that weaved my dreams.
You will sleep not
'cause I needed to dream.
look mama and papa
the dreams are becoming true.

You gave it all.
Sorry that I wanted more.
I have seen people
exchanging penny for a penny.
But I know not
how do I give back the invaluable?

I understood the feelings of the few.
From the few who were not as fortunate as me.
From the few who saw you suffer.
From the tales they told
and some untold.
But I conceal the tears that unfold.

Mama! Papa! did I ever talk to you
of the friends I have?
Worry about me not when I am away.
They are the shadows of you.
That walks beside me
underneath this big hard sun.

So many to say
But pardon this reticent son of yours
'cause he keeps more and says less.

No comments:

Post a Comment